Tuesday, January 25, 2005

A list...

of some things that I will probably be writing about. things that are current in our lives.

  • C's employment, and possible relocation. Or "Re-lo" as the professionals lovingly refer to it. Such a long story. But hopefully only good news from here on out.
  • My journey into the land of orthodontics. I decided to get my teeth straigtened 16 months ago, so you've caught me on the tail end of my treatment.
  • Our TTC quest. You should thank God if you are a parent and dont know what this little acronym stands for. For so many people, babies just happen. For us, it is a road. Granted, many many people have had it much worse (we are lucky to have had a baby without intervention) but it is still hard when you want it so badly and it seems that everyone else gets pregnant as soon as they say "ok, then!"
  • And of course, my Owen and all the adventures of his two year old world.

So, on that note. I had an orthodontist appointment today. The doc put a few bends in the wire and told me to continue using the rubber bands, and we'll see you in a few weeks. Im feeling very good about the process, and I should be done by spring or early summer. I cant wait to flash a non-braced smile. I havent felt good about my appearance for years due to my teeth, so Im very excited to have that particular burden lifted.

As far as the baby-making goes, we're hopeful that this is our month. As we were hopeful the last 4 months. I am going through an internal struggle about this facet of our lives. On the one hand, I really feel that God has called me to be a mama. I feel I am blessed with the ability to be pretty good at it. At least with this child. So I really dont understand why He's making us wait so long for the next one. For many years now, I also feel that I am called to be the mother to an adopted child, but I just dont feel the time is right. Our "master plan" is that we would have two children naturally, and then to welcome one or two into our family through adoption. But, our plan is not always His plan. So now I guess we wait and see.

Again, welcome. I hope you enjoy your stay here in my little corner :)


1 Comments:

Blogger Melany aka Supermom said...

I'm so glad you started a blog too :) More for me to read! Good luck with TTC. It must be SO hard to have to wait and wait. Hugs to you.

2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home