Thursday, January 27, 2005

My little smartie pants

Owen read his first word today! He was looking at the Dora the Explorer colorforms box and he said, plain as day... "D- O -R -A that spells Dora!" Somehow its a bit disconcerning that this milestone is with the help of a commercial product, but oh well.

Not too much else to comment on today except that Cs parents are coming today for a visit. We always enjoy their visits, and Owen just adores his grandfather. They have really bonded over a common love of trains and trucks. I hope their train hobby gives them many years of enjoyment and continues to be something they can share. Im so happy that Owen is close with his grandparents, as my grandprent/granchild relationships have always been very important to me. The distance makes it a bit more challenging,but it just forces us to be more creative.

On another somewhat related note, Cs brother and his wife are expecting their fourth child in June, and tomorrow they will find out the sex of the baby at their ultrasound. So far, they have three girls, age 5.5, 3, and 10 mos. So, I imagine they are hoping for a boy this time. I have secretly enjoyed the fact that Owen is the first (and only so far) grandson, but I suppose I'll let them have their chance at a boy :) I guess it comes back to the fact that I have wanted Owen to have a special relationship with his grandpa.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melany aka Supermom said...

Wow. That IS clever! I'm sure Owen would love a boy cousin though :) I hope they are expecting a boy this time!

3:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home