Saturday, June 04, 2005

A break through?

I think we may have had a potty training break through last night! Although it may have started as a way to stall bedtime, it ended up being a success. I laid Owen down in his bed and he said, "Mommy, I want to go pee". As I never turn down requests to pee on the potty (they happen so infrequently), I got him up, stripped off the diaper and pants, and he sat on the potty. In a little bit, he was surprised when he actually did pee! He said "Mommy, I peeing!" It was a proud moment for both of us. :) Now, the act of peeing on the potty is not that novel, but the idea of him actually saying, "I want to go pee", and then going and doing it is a big step... it shows that he is becoming aware of his body in a way that gives him a little warning time to actually get to the potty. Wahoo!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go! Keep it up!!

4:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home